Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Cleaning Out the Freezer 2022

A couple of times a year we have what we call no spend months.  Usually, it's a way to empty out the stockpile I have acquired in the freezer and pantry.  

You can read all about how I hoard food - HERE

All of our kids are at camp at some point this month.  It sounded like a good time to eat what we already had.  I choose to go with a $50 a week budget to pick up the necessities like milk, bread and fresh veggies.  With the rising cost of everything I'm not sure I'm going to make it happen but I'm trying.  The 1st week I was way over $50.  This week only a $1.56 over.  We will see how the rest of the month plays out!   Here is what I bought last week and this week and what we are eating!  


 This is just the Walmart stuff.  There was an Aldi trip, but I forgot to take a picture.  
TOTAL:  $97.77


1st week June: 

Breakfast is on your own at our house during the summer.  Here are the kids' choices to make what they want.  Cereal, fresh fruit, frozen waffles, yogurt, eggs and they can bake anything they want.   

Monday:  

Lunch:  Quesadillas and oranges

Dinner:  Pork chops, green beans, corn and rolls


Tuesday: 

Lunch:  packed a picnic lunch to eat after picking strawberries

Dinner:  Buffalo tacos and strawberry shortcake


Wednesday: 

Lunch:  Grilled Cheese, veggies and chips

Dinner:  Quiche


Thursday: 

Lunch: Leftovers

Dinner:  Hamburgers, macaroni & cheese, corn and strawberries


Friday: 

Lunch:  Homemade lunchables

Dinner:  Hotdogs, brats, chips and smores


Saturday: 

Lunch:  Sandwiches, chips and macaroni

Dinner:  Biscuits and Gravy, scrambled eggs and strawberry muffins


Sunday: 

Lunch:  At my parents

Dinner: Cookout at church - I took a salad


2nd Week of June: 

Once again, I forgot to take a picture of Aldi groceries! 
TOTAL:  $51.56



Monday:  

Lunch: Aldi Pizza and strawberries

Dinner:  Spaghetti, garlic bread and strawberry bread


Tuesday: 

Lunch: Soft Pretzels

Dinner:  Caesar Salad


Wednesday: 

Lunch:  Chicken nuggets and veggies

Dinner:  Sheet pan meal


Thursday: 

Lunch:  Pasta salad and hard-boiled eggs

Dinner:  Dinner at friend house


Friday: 

Lunch:  Eggs & Bacon

Dinner:  Black bean nachos and cilantro rice


Saturday: 

Lunch:  Eat out

Dinner:  Trevor's Class Reunion


Sunday: 

Lunch:  At my parents

Dinner:  Whatever Eliana wants before she heads back to camp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31