Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2022

What we ate this week!

I'm a week behind.  Rather than tell you what I plan to make, I can tell you what we actually ate.  It was high school week for church camp.  That meant all 3 of my big kids were gone.  I thought with just feeding Asher this week would be easy to stay under budget.  I was wrong.  This week I spent $72.82.  With that I decided trying to feed a family of 6, for $50 a week just isn't possible.  I'm going to continue to eat out of the pantry and freezer in July.  I'm going to raise my challenge to $70 a week.  If you would like to see how I do let me know and I'll continue to document, it here.   Total, the last 4 weeks I have spent $287.62.  That number looks great when I compare it to what we have been spending the last several weeks.  It doesn't include our amazon purchases which include most of our home paper products.  Overall, I think the month was success, I've got plenty of grocery money to use to eat out on vacation.  


Monday: 

Lunch:  Out 

Dinner:  Salad Bar


Tuesday: 

Lunch:  Packed a picnic lunch and headed to the beach

Dinner:  Chicken breast, green beans, corn & pickled beets


Wednesday: 

Lunch:  Broccoli salad

Dinner:  Chorizo tacos


Thursday:

Lunch:  Frozen pizza

Dinner: Out to eat


Friday:

Lunch:  Packed a lunch and headed to the splash park

Dinner:  Brats, baked beans and pickled beets


Saturday: 

Lunch:  Chicken nuggets, veggies and chips

Dinner: Family 4th of July party - potluck dinner - I took green beans and mac and cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31