1. The survey form you fill out is very detailed. It asked for my sizes in pants, shirts and dresses. It also asked what would I normally spend on certain items. I felt like I gave a lot of information that would be really helpful for a stylist.
2. It ships to my house. If you have ever tired to try on clothes at a store with 4 children you know how amazing trying things on at home would be instead. It also allows me to try on things with clothes that I already have in my closet.
3. They sent a variety of items. I specifically told my stylist I was looking for an Easter dress. She sent a couple of those and 3 different things.
4. It is not an automatic shipment. I signed a fix to be sent whenever I want. You can also sign up to receive shipments every few weeks or once a month. I really like that they understand everyone is different and has different needs.
5. Styling Cards- The stylist sends you a card for each piece of clothing you receive. They show you different ways to wear the item. Here is what my card looked like:
Here are pictures and my thoughts on each item I received.
|Kut From The Kloth|
I think for my first Fix it was great. I can't wait to see what comes in my next box. One question I keep getting asked is how expensive are things. The items in my box ranged from $40 to $98.
If you would like to try it out I would love for you to use my referral link. Just for ordering a fix I get a credit in my account. Here is the link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4833986