Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

First Stitch Fix Review

I have been watching my friends rave about Stitch Fix for months.  I love shopping but with 4 kids rarely get to really shop any more.  I was apprehensive because our clothing budget is not that large.  All of my clothes, unless they are gifts, are from clearance racks or second hand stores.  I was scared I would spend the $20 for the styling fee then lose it because I would not keep any of the clothes.   I was pleasantly surprised.  Here is what I liked:

1.  The survey form you fill out is very detailed.  It asked for my sizes in pants, shirts and dresses.  It also asked what would I normally spend on certain items.  I felt like I gave a lot of information that would be really helpful for a stylist.

2.  It ships to my house.  If you have ever tired to try on clothes at a store with 4 children you know how amazing trying things on at home would be instead.   It also allows me to try on things with clothes that I already have in my closet.

3.  They sent a variety of items.  I specifically told my stylist I was looking for an Easter dress.  She sent a couple of those and 3 different things. 

4.  It is not an automatic shipment.  I signed a fix to be sent whenever I want.  You can also sign up to receive shipments every few weeks or once a month.  I really like that they understand everyone is different and has different needs.

5.  Styling Cards- The stylist sends you a card for each piece of clothing you receive.  They show you different ways to wear the item.  Here is what my card looked like:


Here are pictures and my thoughts on each item I received.

Kut From The Kloth
I was concerned when I saw that they were ankle jeans.  For a petite person like me, ankle jeans normally still go to my feet.  I was pleasantly surprised that they actually hit my ankles.  They were also a mid rise and covered up back side.  If I didn't have so many pairs of pants I would have kept these.

Le Lis
When I pulled this piece out I laughed.  Normally I wouldn't have even tired it on but they say to try each piece you may find something you love that way.  Well, I felt the same way about this after I tried it on.  A sleeveless flannel is not something that I will be wearing.  

Yumi
There are not words to express how much I loved this dress.  It fit perfectly.  If you want to know how well my stylist got me, I own a dress in this exact color with polka dots.  The only difference is a lace overlay and the sleeves are a different cut.  I didn't keep it because it was so close to something I already own. 

Uttam
You can leave notes for your stylist.  I left a note letting mine know I would like a dress that was nice enough for church Easter morning but casual enough I can wear it to the park with my kids this summer.  She filled that order with this dress.  It was all cotton and could easily be dressed up or down for either occasion.  I was so sad that it didn't fit properly.  The middle blue is an eyelet material.  It didn't stretch.  That piece was very tight and uncomfortable.  I was so sad this dress didn't fit better.

Mystree
This is not a great picture of this cardigan.  It is lightweight and would go with just about anything. It is the perfect transition piece from spring to summer.  Or if you are like me and cold all the time you could wear it all summer.  I kept this piece because it is so soft I didn't want to take it off.  It is very versatile and makes a great addition to my wardrobe. 

I think for my first Fix it was great.  I can't wait to see what comes in my next box.  One question I keep getting asked is how expensive are things.  The items in my box ranged from $40 to $98. 

If you would like to try it out I would love for you to use my referral link.  Just for ordering a fix I get a credit in my account.  Here is the link:  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4833986


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31