Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

What I plan to read in 2023!

In 2022 I set the huge goal of reading 100 books.  I meet that goal, with a lot of help from audio books.  This year I decided to do something I haven't done in years.  I made a reading list.  I posted a challenge on Facebook for 12 friends to give me a book to read.  I only got 11 that I hadn't already read.  It made me think that maybe this year the challenge shouldn't be a number but actually books I want to read.  Here are several list and where they came from. 

List from Facebook from my friends: 

Once Upon a Wardrobe by Pattie Callahan

Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen

Through the Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliott

Bruchko by Bruce Olson

Trial of the Earth by Mary Mann Hamilton

When Breath Becomes Air By Paul Kalanithi

The Kingdom of Back by Maire Lu

I Must Betray You by Ruta Sepatys

Love Does by Bob Goff


List from the makers of the goal setting planner I used this year.  It's a lot of habit and self improvement books.  It will probably be the hardest list for me to get though. 

Chasing Perfect by Alisha Illian

The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer

Revisionary Thinking by Courtney Clark

The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg

The Upside of Stress by Kelly McGonigal

The Messy Life of Book People by Phaedra Patrick

Good for a Girl by Lauren Fleshman

The Fine Art of Small Talk by Debra Fine

The life we are Looking for by Andy Crouch

The Art of Homemaking by Alison May

Change your Home Change your life by Moll Anderson

Get Paid for What you Know by Graham Cochrane


List of Books I own but haven't read! 

The Quilters Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini

The Summer of the Great Grandmother by Madeleine l'Engle

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Mama Bear Apologetics by Hillary Morgan Kerrer

Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

However Imperfectly by Andrew Pudewa

A Love Letter Life by Jeremy & Audrey Roloff

City of Shadows by Ariana Franklin

5 Minute Face by Carmindy

The Women Who Flew for Hilter by Clare Hulley

Drawing on the Right Sid of the Brain by Betty Edwards


1000 Hours Outside List 

Ginny posted this reading list on Instagram last week. You can follow along with 1000 hours outside HERE


Between these lists and my monthly book club I will easily hit my goal this year of 60 books.  If you want to follow along and see what I actually read, you can find me on goodreads!

Bethany's Goodreads Account


What do you plan to read this year?  Any of the books on my list that I should move to the top of the list? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31