Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Bethany's 2023 Goals and Word of the Year


Trevor bought me this new goal setting planner for Christmas.  I have been eyeing it for a couple of years but it was too expensive for me to purchase.  My homemade notebook/journal was working just fine.  I was excited to try out this planner because it offers so much more that just goal setting.  It helps you to break down what it is you really want - or so that's what I thought it would do.  After 45 pages of brain dumping, list making and inward reflecting, I finally wrote down extremely vague goals.  The 8 categories that the planner has you set up are very similar to the goal list I have been making for years.  My yearly goals don't make me feel like there is a way to measure if I have reached them at the end of the year.  Maybe I have filled out the planner all wrong - who knows?  For each month you write down monthly, weekly and daily action items.  Which are exactly like the habit tracker sheets I have been used for years.   

I did come up with a word of the year.  Which is not something I always do.  After all of my reflecting I landed on CONNECTION.   Several of my goals are based on spending time with people this year. 

Here is what I plan to do in 2023:

Spend time with friends

Enjoy my marriage

Focus on relationships not lessons

Be debt free

Take adventures

Lose 20 pounds

Invite people over 

Memorize 12 Bible verses 

My reading goals didn't really fit into any of the categories.  You can read about my plans on this POST

Let me know if you would like me to share my monthly actions steps of how I plan to make these things happen this year. 

If you would like to help me hit the goal of having more people over, let me know and I'll add you to the list.  How is everyone else doing on goal setting?  What is one goal you're excited about this year? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31