Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2022

February Goals

One of my goals for February is to start cooking from my old cookbooks.  I shared a loved of cookbooks with my grandma.  This beauty was one she gave me when I told her I wanted to remodel my old kitchen back to its glory days.   The cover looks very similar to the style of the kitchen in our 1st home.   It's a 1961 cookbook from the Coles County Home Bureau.  I read through the entire cookbook at the beginning of the month.  It was fun to see lots of names of ladies from my childhood.  


This week my goal setting group was given the challenge of making a list of 10 things we had been putting off doing.  Here is my list: 


When I started to clean the freezer, I realized I have a banana problem. 


My kids go through cycles, they love bananas - they hate bananas.  I hate wasting food.  When they start to turn brown on the counter, I throw them in the freezer to use later in muffins or bread.   Since I didn't want to put the bananas back in my clean freezer, I had some baking to do.  I picked out this recipe from my cookbook. 



No one was overly impressed with them.  They were more like a muffin than a cookie.  I probably won't make them again. They were not bad, but we like my normal banana bread and muffin recipes better.  

Here are the categories from the cookbook, what section should I pick from this week?

Appetizers/pickles/relish

Soups/Salads/Dressing/Sauces

Main Dishes - Meat, Seafood, Poultry

Main Dishes - Egg, Cheese, Casserole

Vegetables

Bread/Rolls/Pie/Pastry

Cakes/Cookies/Icings

Desserts

Candy/Jelly/Jam/Preserves

Beverages

1 comment:

  1. I love old cookbooks!

    Maybe choose something from the appetizer section?

    ReplyDelete

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31