Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Picture Cook Book Recipe # 1

One of my goals for the year is to cook a new recipe from my 1950's Betty Crocker Picture Cook Book each week.  This week I made Lumber Jack Macaroni.  It was ok.  Only half of my family liked it, the boys took a couple of bites and then made PBJ sandwiches.  I won't be making it again.  It was  a quick meat free meal. 



Here is the recipe:
Spread out on a hot platter 8oz of cooked macaroni.  Sprinkle with 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese, 2-4 Table spoons of Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup chili sauce and salt and pepper to taste.  Pour over all 3/4 cups piping hot melted butter.  Mix until sauce is creamy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31