Pages

Friday, January 18, 2019

Benefits to RAR membership

If you listen to the Read Aloud Revival podcast you know that she currently has membership open.  When friends find out I'm a member I usually get a lot of questions.  I thought now would be a good time to share my experience with membership.

Cost
It is a membership so the cost is $15 a month to.  I talked about it for months with Trevor because it seemed like a lot of money.  He told me to join for a month and see if I liked it and if it was worth the cost.  You can cancel any time after you join.  You just can't re-enroll until membership opens up again.  We budget my membership as my personal development.  My full time job is a homeschooling teacher.  This membership helps me teach, encourages me and fills up my tank.

What do you get?
Sarah is great about sharing her book list for free each month on her WEBSITE.  The membership side of the site includes a lot of extra things.  I'll break those down for you and tell you my experience with each.

Forums:   This is where members can ask questions, share prayer requests, discuss recent books and talk about homeschooling. There is also whole thread for non-homeschoolers.  Basically, it's anything you need to discus with someone.  I love that it is a community of readers.

Author Access:  This is a live video stream of an author.  We know months in advance who will be sharing.  We can send in questions to ask the author and if you can't make the live video it is uploaded to the membership site after the event.  Eliana did a writing workshop a few months ago with S.D.Smith.  We also did a drawing workshop a few weeks ago with Illustrator Ralph Masiello.  Here is one of the pictures.  We all had a lot of fun doing it!



Mama Book Clubs:  This is just what it sounds like.  Sarah or one of her team picks a book that we read together.  We discuss the book weekly on the forum. Then when we finish the book we have a  live chat to talk about the book.   I read my first Wendell Berry book because of this.

Family Book Club:   These happen monthly.  Right now Sarah is sharing the summer book with everyone you can check it out HERE.  This has been my kid's favorite part of membership.  We are creating fun family memories around books.

Master Classes:  These classes are the real reason I joined membership.  If you have talked to me at all you know Teaching From Rest has changed the way I homeschool.  I love the classes Sarah offers on her site.  Some are taught by her, others are taught by other authors or bloggers.  Her Focus and Align Class finally made me type up a mission statement for our school.   I consider these classes my professional development.  I'm really excited about a nature journal class this summer. My goal for the year is to listen to one a month.

That's a basic review of membership.  It is only open until May 10th.  If you have other questions that I didn't answer I'm happy to try and help you out.  For me it has been a great encouragement as I walk this homeschool journey!  If you want to join here is the link:  https://readaloudrevival.com/become-a-member/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31