Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

January Books 2018

I've committed to reading 60 BOOKS this year.  Rather than make a detailed list I came up with 5 different books to read each month.  Here is what I read in January.

Book Club
What Alice Forgot
Liane Moriarty


This is a quick read.  I have read a couple of her other books.  I like how she has a twist that you don't always see coming.  It was a good book for book club because it had lots of character flaws to discuss.


Trevor & I
You and Me Forever
Francis & Lisa Chan


This is the one book I didn't finish this month.  Trevor and I have read other books by Francis Chan and enjoyed them.  We got to chapter 4 and both hated it.  We decided there was no reason to waste our time finishing it.


Audio Book
Little Men
Louisa May Alcott


I really enjoy Little Woman.  My friend Laura talks about how she loves this book even more.  I can now see why.  As a homeschooling mom it spoke to me in many different ways.  As a mom of boys - it was refreshing to hear someone else's take on childhood.   I loved every minute of listening to this book.


Book with the kids
Black Beauty
Anna Sewell


I read this book as a child.  I think I read every book our library had about horses in 4th grade.  The boys enjoyed it and it was  a fun way to learn about the life of a horse.



Book from Modern Mrs. Darcy 2018 Reading Challenge
Reading Lolita in Tehran
Azar Nafisi


I can't say that I enjoyed this book but I can't say that I hated it either.  It was an eye opening read about living in Tehran in the 80's and 90's.  I didn't enjoy the plot reveals of the books she discussed that I have not read.  I recommend reading everything she discusses before reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31