Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Freezer Cooking Club

I have been freezer cooking for about 5 years.  It is a huge time saver during the school year.   I have always wanted to do it with a group of friends.  Due to Josiah's allergies I have always been hesitant.  Since we are now letting him have citric acid in small doses, with no reaction, I decided I could try cooking with a group. 

I posted a message on Facebook and had 30 people interested.  That was many more than I had expected.  Our first cooking day was last week.  I got together with 9 friends to cook.  I did all of the prep work.   Here is a basic idea of what I did to get ready and the recipes we made.

I try really hard to keep our meals to $1 a per person.  All of our meals fed my family of 6.  Our grand total including the items to freeze things in was $65 per person.  Everyone went home with 10 meals in their freezer. 

Step 1:  Make a menu/type recipes

Ham & Broccoli Stromboli
Twice Baked Potatoes
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Breakfast Burritos
Chicken and Wild Rice
Marinated Chicken Breast
BBQ Meatballs
Hamburger Stroganoff
Grilled Veggies
Crust less Quiche

Step 2:   Make list of all ingredients you need for each recipe

Step 3:  Make a list of all bake ware & utensils

Step 4:  Go shopping




Step 5:  Clean out fridge so you have room for all the food



Step 6:  Sort ingredients by recipe




Step 7:  Meet up with friends and cook!


I'll be doing another cooking day in September.  If you're interested in joining me let me know!  Spots are filling up fast!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31