Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Find Your Tribe - Want to win a book?

Better Together by Jill Savage and Anne McClane

 
Do you ever look at the group of moms at the park and wonder how they connected?  If the answer is yes, this book is for you.  Jill and Anne share heartfelt stories of why mommy friendships are so important.  I loved that the book was not only encouraging but gave you real suggestions of how to make friends.   I found the Mothering Personality Inventory extremely helpful, not only for me to figure out why I act the way I do but also why my friends act the way they do. It is a great tool to see how your friends needs match up to your own needs. Each chapter ends with a challenge for you to complete.  I love that it doesn't just give you suggestions on how to make and be a better friend but gives you a real life example you could do today.  She also gave examples of different kinds of friendships.  I have always heard the expression, friend for a season, a reason, and life.  Jill  really expounds upon this saying.  It was encouraging to know that not all friends will be my BFF and that's ok.    We are truly not meant to do this alone.  Sharing our struggles and triumphs in parenting with real people and finding your tribe can be hard but it is so worth it.  I highly recommend this book to all moms regardless of what season of life you are in!

If you're  local I'll be starting a book club to discuss this book next month.  We will be meeting on Tuesday evening from 6-7:30 pm for about 5 weeks.  If you're interested in joining me just send me a message and I'll pass along the rest of the details.  

Would you like to win a copy of this book?  Become a follower of this blog and leave a comment about why you want to read this book.  A winner will be randomly picked on April 8th.  

8 comments:

  1. I would love to read this book. I find it hard for me in this season of my life to maintain my friendships like I feel I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds like something I need right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this book! I need a tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not the person I used to be and I'm not living the life I used to live. Sounds like this book would help me be a better friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I pretty much suck at maintaining friendships. I'm not sure why--I have good intentions, yet my follow through isn't always there. I enjoy learning--so hoping to learn more from this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this book! I'm in a phase right now where my best friends don't live near me and I need a tribe that lives close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like a have a good tribe, but some days are just harder than others and I fall into bad patterns (pity party anyone?!). Hoping to get some new concepts to wrap my brain around from this book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to win this book!! Heard so many great things I could benefit from.

    ReplyDelete

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31