Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

What to do with all that leftover ham?

This is a great tip I learned from my mom.  After Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter we buy turkeys and hams when they go on sale.  We have always been blessed with a deep freeze and keep it stocked with our great deals.   Since we butchered the pigs I have several nice hams in my freezer.  Of course one ham is way more food than my family will eat at one time.  Here is how we eat our ham throughout the week.

Day 1:  Cook ham with all the fixings.

Day 2:  Ham & Macaroni casserole

Homemade macaroni & cheese or you can use a box mix,  a can of cream of mushroom soup, 2 cups chopped ham.  Mix together and cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Day 3:  Fried Ham


Day 4:  Broccoli and Ham Cheese Braid

Make home made pizza dough or defrost 2 loaves of Rhoades bread. Roll out dough to make long and thin.  Cover rolled out dough with ranch dressing, cooked broccoli and ham cubes.  Cover this with cheddar cheese.  Roll loaf up and pinch ends so that the cheese stays in the loaf.   Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes

Day 5:   Cold cut sandwiches

Day 6:  Ham Sliders
Hawaiian rolls sliced in half.  Cover with ham and cheese (our family prefers provolone).  Then melt 1/2 cup butter mix in 1 TBS of onion powder and 1 TBS of Worcestershire sauce.  Pour over the sandwiches.  Then sprinkle with poppy seeds.  Bake at 350 covered for 10 minutes.  Then bake uncovered for 3-5 more minutes, until the tops are brown. 

Day 7:  Ham & Beans
This is the last meal I always make with ham.  I cut off any meat left on the bone.  I soak the beans over night.  I put the ham bone, beans and a couple cups of meat into the crock pot with water.  It cooks all day and is ready for dinner.  

This ham was so large I had a couple cups left to cut up and store in the freezer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31