Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Book Study - Who Wants to Join Me?



If  you have talked to me at all in the last year you have heard me mention the book 7:  An Experimental Munity Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker.    I have read it 3 times now and I'm getting ready to read it again.  This time I'm going to be co-leading a book study over the book.  The past few years I've not been involved in any small group bible study.  I am in need of some encouragement and accountability. 

I love Jen's writing style.  It is like you are having a conversation with your best friend.  The book deals with having to much stuff.  The two chapters that I struggle with the most are clothing and food. 

If you're local and would be interested in joining us we are planning on only meeting 7-8 weeks.  Just long enough to cover the book.  We plan on starting in September and will meeting on Tuesday evenings.   If you're interested shoot me an email and I'll get you all the info!  Tbs7100@yahoo.com

If you can't make it to the study I still highly recommend the book.  When you're done reading it shoot me a message I would love to discuss it with you!

1 comment:

  1. Did u find racism and idolatry in this book? The reviews on Amazon are interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31