Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

For Real: Lazy Day

I realized it has been awhile since I posted something for real about my day.  I wish that meant that life was going beautifully, the house was clean and my children were acting like angels.  That is so far from the truth.  Today offered some new material to share. 

Thursday mornings we have a PE class at our local tumbling gym.  Our school days are very light since we are normally gone until after lunch.  More often than not our Thursdays look like today!   After tumbling we run our errands while we are in town.  It was close to 1pm before we got home today and we have to leave at 4pm for dance class.  We ate lunch and have spent the rest of the afternoon doing this!

The boys have taken turns playing video games!
I have sat curled up in a blanket, drinking a Coke while texting one friend on my phone and IMing another friend on my iPad.  It made me feel like such a teenager, except neither of those devices existed during my teen days. 

Only my first born over achiever accomplished much today.  She does most of her school by herself on Thursdays; she also cleaned the bathroom and cleared the table after lunch!
 
For my public school friends that are panicking after reading this - I promise we don't do this every week.  This week we did 2 days of book work on Tuesday so I could be a little more relaxed today!   One of the biggest benefits of homeschooling is setting your own schedule!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31