Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

2015 Doing Something that Scares Me!

For months God has been convicting me of a topic I said I would never teach.  We keep having the same conversation.

Me: I don't have an audience to speak to.
God:  I'll provide the people.
Me: I'm too old -teenagers won't listen to me.
God:  Age doesn't matter - look at Abram's wife.
Me: I said I would never teach on this. 
God:  Haven't you learned to never say never!

I used lots more excuses but every one was rejected.  I finally said ok, and sent a text to a friend who plans a girl's retreat.  Her response was almost immediate.  So I will be speaking to teenage girls this spring.   My session is titled "Qualities of a Princess."

You would think with all of the years I have spent in youth ministry this wouldn't bother me.  Speaking in front of people has never come easy for me.  I am great in a small group, but throw me in a crowd and I freeze up.  This experience will be different from anything I have ever done.  More than likely I won't have a prior relationship with any of the girls.   I will speaking to a group that I know nothing about.  

I am crossing this off my goal list as doing one thing that scares me.

If you know a 7th-12th grade girl that would like to attend, here is the flyer & registration form.  If you have any questions about the weekend do not hesitate to ask.  I would love to have a few familiar faces in the crowd.


 
Here are a few ways you could help out:

Pray-  that God prepares the girl's hearts for what they will hear over the course of the weekend. That they will remember they are the daughter of the King even after they return home.  If you could pray for me specifically I would really appreciate it.  I take James 3:1 pretty seriously.  I want the words that come from my mouth to be from God and not just my opinions.

We are looking for door prizes.   Books, gift cards, jewelry, make up, chocolate, really anything teenage girls would like will be accepted .  You can get ahold of me and we will make arrangements to pick it up.

If you are a woman who knows how to hook up and run a computer/projector we could use your help. If God is tugging on your heart - shoot me a message!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31