Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Panic Sets In

One of the benefits of homeschooling is choosing when you start and end school.  We were at a play date yesterday and this was a topic of conversation.   We are all over the board; some started  school the first week of August, others start tomorrow,  and some not till after Labor day.  I had a date set, but I'm all ready thinking of pushing it back another week.   For me this time of year means panic. Even though I should be a pro at this homeschooling thing by now - I'm not.   Every year at this time I question myself and the decision we have made to homeschool.  What if I can't teach Jeremiah to read?  What if Eliana never gets her multiplication tables?  Am I pushing Josiah hard enough academically?  Those are just a few questions that keep me up at night. 

I decided to share this because I think it is so common in the homeschooling community to appear that we have it all together. I can't speak for everyone -  but I don't!  I think it makes the comparison trap so much harder to deal with when we are not honest with one another.  Homeschooling is just like parenting, some weeks are great and some weeks are terrible.    I could quit and  give into the doubt.  I could easily send the kids to school, but that is not what I have been called to do.  So until God tells me differently, I will run the race he has put before me.  

So if you are like me and panic each fall or if you are thinking about homeschooling and think you can't do it.  Let me just say - YES YOU CAN!  If this is what God has placed on your heart- he will make it happen.  It may not always be convenient or easy but it will be worth it!

If you're struggling with what do this fall for school, I would love to be able to pray for you.  You can send me an email at Tbs7100@yahoo.com

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witness, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.   Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31