Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2013

Since St. Patrick's Day is Bryan's birthday it leaves me with bitter sweet feelings.  All of the birthday's past give me good memories. The hurt comes with knowing I will never celebrate another birthday with my brother.  This year I wanted to learn a little bit more about who St. Patrick was, so we spent a week learning about Ireland and St. Patrick. Plus, there are the fun green things, rainbows & leprechauns.

Here are a few things we did:


Jeremiah with his rainbow

Josiah's rainbow

Eliana's rainbow

Asher's rainbow - most of his cerel got eaten



For lunch we had shamrock PBJ's, cucumber slices, & green fruit kabobs

 Jeremiah's favorite part rainbow cupcakes

Eliana also worked on her first lap book about Ireland - she hated it.  She did love the word find I found for her here.

As always we read a lot of books.  Here a few that we read during the week:



Everyone always ask me if we do anything special to remember Bryan.  Here is the one tradition we continue- green angel food cake!  It wouldn't be Bryan's birthday with out it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31