book list I have been asked, "How do you read so much?"
I came up with the following reasons:
1. I make it a priority. On my to do list for the day I always have read two chapters in a book.
2. I read in small time frames through out the day. While the kids take a math test, while dinner is cooking; my favorite is while the kids play in the bathtub.
3. I always have a book with me. I grab my kindle when we leave the house. You never know when you will be a few minutes early for an activity or have to wait for the kids to get out of something. Being able to read 10-15 minutes while I wait on them can add up.
4. I am married to a fellow book worm. It is not uncommon after the kids go to bed to find Trev and I sitting on opposite sides of the couch reading.
5. I read 2 or 3 books at a time. I learned this trick from Crystal at Money Saving Mom. You may not always have time to read a lot. Having several books to choose from makes it an adventure.
6. My kids all sleep through the night. This may not seem like a big deal to those of you that have not had babies in the house recently but to those of you that do - I did not read on a regular basis until Asher was about a year old.
7. I LOVE to read! I think that is the real reason I read so much. It is something I do for enjoyment and just for me.
So when do you read? I would love to add more tips to my list. I always delight in finding new ways to squeeze more reading into my day!