Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What a "normal" day looks like

After the socialization question, this is the most common question I get -  How do you get it all done in one day?  The simple answer is, "I don't." 

Here is what today looked like when things didn't go as planned!

I over slept so that starts off everything in the wrong direction.  Eliana did all our morning routine, calendar, weather etc with the boys, while I finished up in the kitchen.  The boys then started their video.  Eliana was not at all interested in doing spelling so it took 10 times longer than expected.  The boys video seemed to be taking longer than it should.  When I went to check on them, they had clicked on a new video when the lesson was done.  They were now watching Mickey Mouse Club house on you tube.   Rather than make them turn it off, I  left them and went back to spelling with Eliana.   We then had to do two math lessons.  Let's just say it was lunch time before we were done.  After lunch the boys worked on their worksheet then spent the afternoon playing forts in their room.  This only angered Eliana who was still doing school.  We finished phonics, health and handwriting.  By this time it was 3:00pm.  I gave up, told her to go watch TV and now I sit here typing on the computer!  So here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31