Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Book Review: Short -Straw Bride

Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer
Historical Fiction
ISBN: 978-0-7642-0965-9

This is a historical romance set in the late 1800's.  The character development is amazing.  Within the first few chapters you know who Travis and Meredith are and what makes them tick.  The author shows you the true personality of each of them. The common themes in the book are family, trust, friendship, and loyalty.  It encourages all of these as important traits in life.  The suspense in the last several chapters kept me up until the late hours to finish the book.  I could not put it down, I read the entire book in one evening. 

I really enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one in the series. I would give a warning to parents of daughters.  I would not let my unmarried friends read this book.  A big part of the plot is wrapped up in a marriage being consummated.  I could easily see it stirring feelings in young woman that are inappropriate.  I was unaware that a Christian book could make me blush.    The story is a true love story not a Hollywood romance.  There are things that could create curiosity in young readers.



This book was provided free to me by Bethany House Publishing Group



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31