Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

What are you praying for?

I had a very unique experience this week.  I sold one of our strollers to a friend of a friend.  While I was dropping it off she told me this was such an answer to prayer.  She then said, " I know you think that is weird."   She then explained her day and how we ended up meeting.  She concluded it could only be God.   She said she knew it was only a stroller but she had been praying for one.  I informed her that I was glad God used me to answer her prayer and that I didn't think it was silly at all.  I told her I am currently praying for a new van.  That is something I said I would never do again.  The last time I prayed for a vehicle, Trevor hit a deer and the insurance company totaled it.  A reminder that God doesn't always answer our prayers exactly the way we want him to.   Then, there are the prayers that God does answer exactly the way you think you want them.  For 18 months before I was pregnant I prayed for fraternal twin boys.  Trevor likes to remind me of that every time the twins do something.  He has also informed me I am to ask before I pray for things.

So what are you currently praying for?  Eliana is praying for twin sisters.  Josiah & Jeremiah are praying that their friend Harry gets all better and can come over and play.  One thing on my current list is a new van.  I would love to be able to pray along side you.   This small event in my life was  a reminder to thank God for answered prayer and to tell others!  If my friend of a friend would have not shared with me I would have had no idea God used me that day.  It brought a smile to my face and a little joy to my spirit!  A little reminder that God does care about the little things!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or image, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.   Ephesians 3:20-21

1 comment:

  1. Chill bumps! I love that you shared this post.

    Your children's prayer requests made me cry - not just because of what they prayed for but because YOU KNOW what they pray for and what their little hearts are holding on to. You are such a good momma!

    ReplyDelete

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31