Pages

Monday, September 18, 2023

Goal Setting 10 Years Later

Goals for 2013!

1.  New Recipe each month

2. 12 DIY projects

3. Read 48 books

4. 6 Organization projects

5.  Establish a good morning routine for myself



I had a conversation this week about how I set goals.   For some reason, they asked me how long I had been doing it.  I wasn't sure.  I knew I had blogged about it.  I found this post from 2013.  That means it's been 10 years.   Asher would have been two.  I'm not sure what I was thinking.  I know I really wanted to read more.  According to my Pinterest boards, I read 40 books in 2012.   That means I was pushing myself to read more in 2013.   The thing that I find odd is the list is only 5 things.  These days I have 5 things at least per category.  I can't remember if I hit all of the goals.  I know I blogged about the DIY projects and the organization projects.  If I took some time I could probably figure out how I did.  The one that stands out is # 5 - Establish a good morning routine for myself.  I struggled with this for years.  Having  4 kids in 5 years made for some really exhausting years.  I would never have believed someone if they told me in those early years one day I would get up early on purpose.  10 years later and it's my favorite time of day.  No one gets up early and interrupts me anymore.   Most days I wake the teenagers up so we can start our day. 

As I pondered on this list I'm amazed at how far I've come.  10 years ago I would never have guessed I would be part of goal goal-setting group.  That I really would have a very productive morning routine.  It is encouraging to think about what is on my list right now that in 10 years will just be a part of who I am.  

Here are my words of encouragement!  Don't give up.  I didn't start tackling that morning routine in one day.  It took years!  Lots of mornings where I overslept.  Lots of mornings where the kids got up way to early and started the day with me.  Lots of days where I thought, why am I doing this?   It was small changes to my day that made the difference.  Start small and see where you can go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31