Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Mama Morning Basket

 



I shared with my goal setting group that I have a mama morning time basket.  It's not an actual basket like my school morning basket, but it a stack of books/journals that I keep all together for my quiet time each morning.  Years ago I started this crazy idea of getting up early to have some time to myself each morning.  You can read all about it Here - Early to Rise.  Thanks to that experiment - I'm now a morning person.  I think sleeping till 7am is sleeping in!  

I thought I would share what is all in my morning time basket.  

Bible - I do a scripture writing/study 
Gratitude Journal - A small prompt to write about something I am thankful for
Yearly Bullet Journal - It keeps track of my yearly, monthly, weekly and daily goals
A theology/bible study book 
Pray journal - I've wrote down prayers since college 
Personal journal -  Basically anything that doesn't fit in one of the other books.  I process things by writing or talking them out.  This journal helps me do that.  

One of the 1st questions I get asked is,  "Do you do all of these every day?"  The answer is yes and no.  Some days I do them all, other days I only do a couple.   My bible writing/study and prayer journal are daily habits I established years ago.  My day doesn't seem right if I don't start with them.   I didn't just sit down one day and decided to have a morning time basket.  It really just evolved over the years as I wanted to add more things to my daily routine.  As my kids got older and slept later it allows me to spend more time alone every morning. 

Does anyone else keep a mama morning basket?  What do you keep in yours? 

If you want to know what our homeschooling morning basket looks like you can see that HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31