Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

How We Organize our Library Books



Last week we toured out local University Library.   The librarian commented on how many books she had checked out.  We told her she was in good company.  As homeschoolers we use our local libraries a lot.  I currently have 97 books checked out.  That is only my account, it doesn't include what the kids or Trevor have checked out.   I usually have around 100 books checked out at a time.   One of the moms asked me how I keep track of them all.  Here is a pictorial view of how we store them.  I'm not going to lie, I almost always have a fine.  It's still worth it to not have to buy the books we use for school. 

We have a large book display that sits in the main room of our house. 

We have one whole shelf in the school room for library books. 

This is what we have used for years.  I book basket in the living room. 

This is our morning time basket.  It gets moved around to which ever room we start school in that day! 

I'm a big believer in forward facing books.  This is our front window. 





When we are done reading a book it goes back in the library bag.  How do you store your library books? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31