Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2019

2019: My Word of The Year

I'm a big goal setter.  For the last few years I have heard lots of people picking a word for the year.  It didn't really interest me until last year.  I picked a word to focus on for the year and I told no one.  I felt like it was personal and something between me and God.  After a few months of wrestling with a word for this year, I settled on
Intentional   

I've been thinking about this word since November.  I planned my 2019 goals based off of this word.

Intentional means:  Done on purpose, deliberate

In January I did a 31 day minimalist challenge.  Basically, I got rid of a lot of junk from my house.  As we finished up the challenge  the question was asked, What's next?  What did you learn this month?  I came back to my word!  I'm going to be intentional about what I bring into our house.  I want to use the resources God has given us wisely.

That's what January looked like, I'm not sure what the rest of the year will hold.  I think I will be saying no to a lot more things.   I plan to invest a lot more time into people and relationships.  As I was praying over this word God gave me this verse:

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.  

I'm excited and a little scared to see what the Lord's plans are this year.   What about you?  Do you set some goals?  Did you pick a word for the year?  I love to hear what others are learning and encourage them to meet their goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31