Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

$50 Grocery Budget

I have gotten lazy about sticking to our grocery budget the last couple of months.  I decided this month I'm going to challenge myself to only spend $50 a week on our groceries.  It has been years since we have been able to feed all of us for only $50, it should be a interesting challenge.  The first couple of weeks we will be cleaning out the stock pile.  I may have a problem with hoarding food.  The easiest way to hold myself accountable is to blog about it.  Here is what I purchased this week.

Total:  $20.58


Here is my meal plan for the week:

Sunday: 
Breakfast:  Cereal
Lunch:  Dinner at my parents
Dinner:  Popcorn

Monday: 
Breakfast:  Bacon & Eggs
Lunch:  PB & J  chips and veggies
Dinner:  Pork chops, cauliflower with cheese, long grain rice & crescent rolls

Tuesday:
Breakfast:  French Toast
Lunch:  Quesadillas
Dinner:  Hamburgers and french fries

Wednesday:
Breakfast:  Dad's homemade sausage
Lunch:  Homemade lunchables
Dinner:  Chicken noodle soup from the freezer

Thursday:
Breakfast:  Pancakes
Lunch:  Out to eat after a class
Dinner:  Bow tie pasta bake, salad & garlic bread

Friday:
Breakfast:  Omelets
Lunch:  Toasted Cheese
Dinner:  Sloppy joe's & onion rings

Saturday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch:  Hamburger helper
Dinner:  Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31