Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

$50 Grocery Budget Week #3

We have a local salvage store that I shop at once a month.  It's in the town about 10 miles away so when I'm in town I stop in.  It's also where we stock up on our gum supply.  The gum in not in the pictures because the kids had all ready put it away.  We also had to pick up milk.

$19.52


That puts me over budget on week two by $12.53.  Since I was under budget on week one, I'm still under budget by $5.70 for the month.

Here is what I bought for week 3.  Since Thanksgiving is this week you would think not cooking a couple of full meals would help with the budget.  That's not the case.  For our family dinners I take certain things each year.  I don't have some of the ingredients in the stock pile.  It means spending more money to take my dishes.

Total Spent $50.93

I'm already 93 cents over budget.  I still need to pick up mushrooms & sourdough bread for Thanksgiving meals. 



This weeks menu: 

Sunday: 
Breakfast:  Cereal
Lunch:  My parents house
Dinner:  Popcorn

Monday: 
Breakfast: French Toast
Lunch:  PBJ and chips
Dinner:  Black bean nachos

Tuesday:
Breakfast:  Muffins
Lunch:  Chicken nuggets and mac & cheese
Dinner:  Tortellini Soup

Wednesday:
Breakfast:  Bacon and eggs
Lunch:  Quesadillas
Dinner:  Breakfast for dinner

Thursday:
Breakfast:  Sausage and eggs
Lunch/Dinner:  Thanksgiving meal I'm taking green bundles bundles and sweet potato fries

Friday:
Breakfast:  Oatmeal
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Stewart Thanksgiving - I'm taking cheesy bread and stuffed mushrooms

Saturday: 
Breakfast:  Cinnamon rolls
Lunch:  Leftovers
Dinner:  Homemade pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31