Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2018

2018 Goal: Host a Dinner Party

This was a goal on last years list that did not happen.  I was determined to make sure it happened this year.  Since I love a theme party we hosted a Kentucky Derby party.  Here are a few pictures from the event.  I've linked the recipes for the food I made!  It was a lot of work but I think everyone had a great time!

First the Food!

Mini Derby Pies

Non- Alcoholic Mint Julep Punch
I did change this recipe by using lemon/lime soda instead of club soda. 

I used store bought meatballs but cooked them in the sauce from  Bourbon Cocktail Meatballs

My favorite Pimento Cheese spread!  I'm not sure where this recipe came from I've been using it for years! 
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder 
40 oz of pimento peppers diced
salt & pepper to taste

I also served a Veggie Tray, Macaroni & Cheese, Mini Hot Brown Sliders & Peas.

Everyone really got into character!  Here is a group picture! 


A few decorations! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31