Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Our Summer Plans or Lack of Plans!

For Christmas we gave Eliana a tablet, a decision I'm still not sure about.  Our rules during the school year are no electronics until school and chores are done.   Then they can only play on a hand held device for 20 minutes.  I knew I didn't want to spend all summer monitoring all four kids media usage.  I googled and searched pinterest to see what other parents had done.  I came up with this list!






Obviously Asher can't read for 30 minutes yet so he is required to read a few books with mom.   We are a week into summer break.  So far it seems to be working.  After the first few days of complaining, they are checking the list before they ask to watch TV or play on a tablet.   I'll let you know if it works all summer.

As far as our summer plans, we are still working on a Summer Fun List.  Eliana will be attending church camp a week in June.  Other than that no classes or camps for anyone!   We are planning on spending the summer at the pool & our friend's beach!  I told the kids yesterday I'm not planning anything all summer.  They panicked!  Eliana's first question, "We can't have anyone over for a playdate?"  My response was, "I'm not planning on it."  We would still like to have a family over for dinner each month.   I'm taking it slow this summer.  I'm planning on having fun this summer, not stressing out about the house being clean, and not worring about leaving people out.  Just going to enjoy hanging out with my kids.   That doesn't mean I plan on becoming a hermit.  I'm happy to meet up with friends at the park or pool, but I don't plan on being the one to set it up! 

What does your summer look like?  How do you handle electronics at your house?  I'm always looking for new ideas!   I would love to know what works or doesn't work for your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31