Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

Week 1 - FOOD

This week was the week I was least concerned about.  I have fasted from food in the past.  I knew I could do it.  I thought is was a good warm up for some of the other weeks that would be more challenging for me.   I choose to fast from lunch each day and sugar all week.  The most difficult part of the week was fixing lunch for the kids.  It was really hard to not lick a knife or eat the last little piece of cheese that was left.

 Here are the things I learned about myself during the week:

1.  Going without food makes me grouchy!  I have a serious problem with anger control when I'm hungry.  I had  to apologize several times to my kids for blowing up at them over nothing.  If you want to hear a good example of my anger, ask me about the water bottle incident at co-op.  Not one of my better moments.

2.  I had planned on doing my bible study while the kids ate lunch.  I learned the first day - 6 kids and quiet do not happen at the same time.  I had to go back to waking up early to spend some time alone.

3.  I can drink water all day long.  I'm pretty sure I drank a gallon a day while I wasn't eating lunch.

4.  Satan tries really hard to discourage you when your trying to do the right thing.  I could give you a long list of things that went wrong this week.  Things that were out of my control and made my week miserable.  I don't want to give satan any power - I had a rough week but God is bigger than my problems.

5.  I have a lot more will power than I thought.  My husband, on more than one occasion tried to get me to eat sugar.   I did really good except the morning I spent with the ladies from church.  You can only turn down their baked goods so long.  I didn't want to hurt anyone feelings.  So I ate some banana bread!

Over all I didn't have any great spiritual revelations.   If you haven't tired fasting I highly recommend it.  

The 7 Experiment Staging Your Own

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31