Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 12: Just keep swimming

In  today's section of the book, he talks about going against the flow.  Waking up early is hard and that not everyone will do it.  It takes work.  He talks about if you are going with the flow you are normal.  I laughed as I read that.  For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be normal.  I just want to fit in.  I don't want to be the person in the room that stands out.   What is funny is that my life has never been normal by societal standards.  If I even know what normal is.   If you were to see me out and about, I would assume I look like every one else, but once you got to know me, you would see some differences.

1.  I am a Christ follower.  My faith is the biggest part of my life.  I base all other decisions on this.

2.  My family lives on one income.

3.  We are homeschoolers.

4.  We have more than 2.5 children.

These are the most obvious, but there are more.   This has always been a struggle.  I know Christ has called me to be different, to stand out from the world.  But lots of days, I find that hard!   I would be lying if I said it wasn't.   I found this verse today and I think it serves as a great reminder.

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God?  Or am I trying to please men?  If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.   Galatians 1:10 NIV


So until God tells me different, I will continue to go against the flow; and just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

I still haven't made it up at 5:30 since the time change.   Here is what time I got up today.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you know how weird you are. :)

    Picture of the clock was a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31